Welcome to the counselor's corner
7 years ago
To your left you will notice 6 items. They are:
(1) The National and State Scholarships are the scholarships offered at the National and State level HOWEVER some deadlines have not been advertized yet; only the scholarships whose deadlines have been advertised will be in the
(2) Scholarships section. There you may click on the CLICK HERE link to access scholarship website.
(3) Links to NM Colleges and Universities will direct you to NM college institutions where you may access admissions, financial aid, specific college scholarships etc.
(4) The Guidance Calendar contains begin and end dates to scholarships as well as recruiter visits, ACT deadlines and test dates, college day and any other Guidance dates.
(5) Dual Credit contains announcements (specific to Dual Credit), contact information and links to different items.
Under (6) Resources we’ve added supplemental items for our college bound students.
6 years ago
Gilbert L. Torres
Sergeant First Class,
Office: 575) 524-3514, Cell: 575) 442-3063
SFC David Price
Office: 575) 524-7444, Cell: (505) 660-4909
Office: (575)524-2451 Cell: (505) 917-5385
SSgt Gutierrez, J. G 915-539-0225
5 years ago
Dual Credit classes are regular college classes that also count for high school credit. Most of the Dual Credit classes are "Gen Ed" meaning they will transfer to meet required basic classes at any NM University or College. To verify that a class will transfer out of state you must speak with the Registrar of that particular institution. Face-to-Face classes meet one day per week from 4-6:45pm or 7-9:45pm. Class will be held at the Learning Center. You must provide your own transportation. Classes may also be taken online if the student is up to the challenge.
an early glimpse of college life...
students to consider higher education...
college credit while still in high school...
A registration event will be held April 26 & 27 for Summer and Fall (2017). Representatives from WNMU will be at DHS for parents and students to ask questions and register for classes. Class size is limited and they fill up quickly so early registration is a must. For more information please contact Bryan Simpson @ Deming High School: (575) 546-2678 Ext. 2631
There are some classes at the high school during regular class periods that qualify as Dual/College credit as well:
Ask your counselor today for more information!
If you have questions please contact:
Mr. Bryan Simpson
Instructional Coach, Deming High School
Dual Credit Coordinator
Phone: 546-2678, Ext. 2631
Dr. Carey Walker
Director, Dual Credit Enrollment